Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

I went to the Palace yesterday.....

....well Ally Pally actually to The Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show...

I over spent - but who doesn't when you go to these shows - I have made a promise to myself that by the end of summer I will have used everything at least once....how many things have I bought from craft shows that I can't live without and never used ??!!!

Have spent most of today cleaning and tidying my MIL's house - and John was in the garden chopping and sorting - a mammoth task for both of us...but so rewarding to see her face light up.

I then went on to make Sunday roast - and at the same time trying to make my FIL's afternoon snack ( he needs to eat every two hours)  and unfortunately as I was cutting the parsnips the toaster popped up and I jumped startled  cut straight through my left thumb....I'm not very good with blood so the scene that followed wasn't very pretty :-(

I got Lewis' attention who went to find John and after a scene from Casualty - me nearly passing out and lots of blood - John wrapped it up to try and stop the bleeding - four hours later we unwrapped it to see if it had stopped but no it was still bleeding - have wrapped it back up and will see what it's like in the morning.....I really don't want to spend 5 hours in A&E if I can avoid it......and hopefully overnight it will 'bond' together....

But ho hum FIL didn't get his snack and my roast was served very late !!!

Here is a card that I made a couple of weeks ago for a friend's wedding anniversary.....the stamp is from http://www.liliofthevalley.co.uk/acatalog/Stamp_-_Toadstool_for_Two.html - I used Spellbinders Nestabilities for the stamp, coloured in with my Promarkers and then embossed both pieces of card through my Big Shot and once again embellished with the stunning felt flowers and diamante for the centre.....



Thank you for looking 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know how time consuming leaving comments is - so I really do appreciate all messages left for me. It truly makes my day.
Hugs Susan x